Sunday 19 April 2015

The Breakfast Club

I love breakfast. I honestly think a bit less of people if they tell me they never eat it, seriously how? I would have it for every meal if I could, and wherever I can use the typical breakfast foods for a meal, I do. 

So when in Shoreditch The Breakfast Club really was the only option when considering where to go for lunch! 




You know a place is good when it's a 12pm on a Friday and you have to queue out the door, but it was definitely worth the wait. 


When you walk in absolutely nothing matches. Not a chair, table or wall decoration and I loved it! When you go to a Nando's or a Pizza Express you could be in any location and the decoration is the exact same, it's boring! 


The menu is the absolute winner for this place. I'm sorry I was boring and just had a green tea (the drinks selection looked incredible), but after a morning of walking round London I was too thirsty! When I return (which I will) I'll be trying one of the smoothies, as they looked delicious. 


A few years ago I would always be the one to choose the sweet choice on the menu, but lately I've really grown to love a savoury brekkie. That being said I seem to have gotten into a trend of always opting for savoury, and on our quest to try new things I thought I'd go for a bit of both. Sweet pancakes, with maple syrup topped with crispy bacon. The other pancake option was mixed berries with maple syrup and cream. 



They were both absolutely delicious, the pancakes were exactly how they should be, thick and doughy and the portion sizes were overly generous! When I first saw the menu I thought that it was pretty pricey for what is was. Bills Restaurant was just next door, and seemed to offer similar food for much less. But when the pancakes were placed in front of us, and I watched the portion sizes the kitchen were dishing out, there was definitely a lot of value for money. 

In fact most of the people around us were unable to clear their plates (even I struggled and that never happens). If you love breakfast food, or even sandwiches, and you can handle a giant portion then this is definitely the place for you! But be warned, there are so many options that you'll want, you will be going back to try again. 

Emma x




No comments:

Post a Comment