Saturday 7 March 2015

Red Nose Day - Malteaser Tray Bake


With Red Nose Day coming up and Malteasers giving a donation when you buy a pack, I wanted my baking this week to be with this in mind. When you Google what to make with Malteasers the famous tray bake is what always seems to come up, and I realised that I have never actually made it. 

Now this recipe is what I like to call Kirsti proof. Let me explain... Kirst can't bake. She's one of those people that chucks everything in and hopes for the best, and don't even get me started on her artistic skills. In other words when it comes to baking (and most other crafty things) she resembles a 5 year old, so this ones perfect for the kids (that includes you Kirst). 



It really couldn't be simpler, and the chances are you won't even have to leave the house to make it (who doesn't have Malteasers constantly on hand!?). All you will need is butter, syrup, chocolate, digestives (I only ever seem to have Fox's as they are my fave so mine was slightly different) and of course Malteasers. 

In terms of actually how much of all that the ingredients are: 

  • 100 grams butter
  • 200 grams milk chocolate
  • tablespoons golden syrup
  • 225 grams digestive biscuits (finely crushed)
  • 225 grams maltesers


So that's the ingredients checked off as being easy, and luckily how to make it is even easier than that (not even Kirst could mess it up). You simply melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a bowl. 


Then get a whole pack of Malteasers and crush up some digestives. You are supposed to really crush them but I wanted big biscuity chunks (it doesn't look as good, but the taste is woooow). 


Then once everything is melted, chuck everything together (no really, I mean it when I say this recipe can't be neat). This to me looks like Kirsti baking in a bowl - absolutely no structure and looks like it's going to taste awful! 


I know I know, for someone with baking OCD it really doesn't look impressive at all. Pop the messy goo into a dish on top of grease-proof paper, and place it in the fridge. In terms of how long to wait, it's basically how long you can bare. I mean I had a nibble before it even went in, and then mum saw it in the fridge and couldn't resist it so stole some (it was a wonder it even made it to being chopped up). Just try and leave it for about an hour, or at least until it's hard. 




I honestly can't believe I've made something that looks to awful. My baking creations normally take me hours and i've even been known to use a ruler to make sure they can literally be described as perfection. I've basically been Kirst for a day, and as much as I hate to admit it, baking like this is actually pretty fun. 

They really are so delicious, and lasted approx 5 seconds in my house. It also feels good to know that while you are stuffing your face with sugary goodness, you are doing your bit for charity. If baking really isn't for you, there is no excuse not to make this, it couldn't be easier and despite me usually taking forever in the kitchen slaving away, my family have actually said this is one of the best things i've made (not sure if that's a compliment or not?). 



Emma x 










2 comments:

  1. yum yum! You have made me so hungry right now! I nominated you for a Liebster award :) Check it out:

    http://sherribee.blogspot.com/2015/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm it's delicious! Oooo thank you lovely xx

      Delete