Wednesday 11 February 2015

Kerestase Review


Ok ok I'm sorry. I know I'm a student and should be telling you about the best affordable products, but I want to be honest. I can't use cheaper shampoos!

I literally have the worst hair. It's fine, it's dry and it never ever styles. All high street products create a really bad build up, and I found that I had a new shampoo every month, with practically a full bottle of the previous one left.

Now I study advertising so I know I'm guilty of just paying for the brand, but in my head it works! Like all other girls who despise their hair I spent hours reading blogs, reviews and asking anyone with fab hair what their secret is and was constantly recommended Kerestase.

The first thing to note is that they offer a number of different ranges, and each is suited to a different hair type.

The shampoo and conditioner I use are from the Cristalliste range, suited to young women with long hair that is prone to dry ends and feeling weighed down.

The shampoo is light, and doesn't really create much of a lather. You literally need a 20p size, and I mean it, anymore and you can feel that it's too much. I wash my hair with it every 2-3 days and the more I use, the more likely my hair is to become greasy so, you have to make sure you don't use too much (added bonus is that this saves money, it lasts). It comes in at around £15, but lasts me on average 3-4 months.


The conditioner is so soft and I would recommend a 5p size just on the ends of your hair. It spreads really well and creates an instant softness to your hair. Like the shampoo it comes in at £15, but as I combine usage of the conditioner with the mask it lasts much longer. I've had my current one for 6 months, and still have a fair bit left.


Then once a week I like to use the hair mask from the Reflection range. After a home hair dying went disastrously wrong a day before going holiday I was left with no option but to have a full head of blonde highlights (I definitely should have left it to the professionals, oops), and as a result have some damage from the bleaching. This range is specifically for hair that is colour sensitised, and helps the colour to last longer.


The mask is thick and creamy, making a pea size amount just right. Again, I only put it on the ends of my hair and I leave it to soak for around 5 minutes. As soon as you rinse the mask off you can feel how soft it's made your hair feel, and it lasts! Now, the mask really is pricey (well for a student anyway), coming in at £25, so definitely something you ask for on a special occasion.


Finally there's the Nectar Thermique from the Nutritive range, which is my recent fave. My hairdresser gave me some samples of this and I've been addicted to it ever since. It smells absolutely incredible, and my hair now won't style without it. This product is one you put on when your hair is damp, and it protects from the heat. Unlike other heat protecters this one is activated by any heat (not just heat that comes in contact with your hair), so it works when your blowdrying your hair much more effectively than others. It also lasts up until your next wash, so the bottle will last forever. Again, another pricey one at £17, but I honestly can't ever see myself using up the bottle so definitely a worthwhile investment!


I have tried every hair care range from designer to budget and have never found one that has my hair glossy, and easy to style like this range has. I have been using it for over a year now and don't plan on changing anytime in the near future.

You can pick up the range online, and in most hairdressers but I get mine from Feel Unique.


Sorry to disappoint with such a lack of moaning in this post, but these products just have to be praised i'm afraid!

Emma







No comments:

Post a Comment