Tuesday 17 February 2015

Why We Will Never Leave No7 Foundation


All we ever see is bloggers blogging about Mac, Benefit and heaps of other expensive designer foundations. There's no denying they are probably good, but we can't help feel that with make up you are often just buying the brand. 

No7 is not really a brand that is considered by the blogger world, but we have used the foundation for years, and can't see ourselves leaving it anytime soon. 

The first thing that drew us to No7 was the colour match. There is nothing worse than going into each room, looking in a mirror with a different light, paranoid that the colour of your foundation isn't right.  The colour match completely eliminates this worry, as it gets your complete natural skin tone, and matches you to an exact colour within the No7 range. 

Another major benefit is the selection of ranges that are on offer. We both use foundations from different ranges, as we use it for different reasons and our skin types are not the same. 

First up: Stay Perfect.


Emma uses Stay Perfect in Warm Ivory (£14.50). One of the main problems I had with foundation was making it last throughout the day. By mid-afternoon it would look patchy, and the coverage was beginning to fade away. If ever I was able to find a foundation that would stay all day, I found it to be far too thick and it would often look too much. The Stay Perfect range promises 24 hour coverage, but is lightweight and breathable. It will last all day, whilst barely feeling like I have anything on. It is also so easy to build up, it can be layered well depending on how much coverage you want. 

It comes in a glass bottle, with a pump and the one big criticism is that you never get to use the whole bottle. Once it reaches a certain level the pump no longer works, and taking the lid off only allows you to reach some of the remaining content. 


Kirsti uses the Instant Radiance in Vanilla Rose (£12.50). No7 say this range is best for tired and stressed skin, which perfectly sums up my skin prior to using No7. If I had even just one spot, my face would appear red and angry looking. My skin tended to dry out around my T-Zone and I was constantly switching brands every time I bought a new foundation. I would get through 3/4's of a bottle and suddenly my skin would break out, dry out and whichever foundation it was, just clogged up my skin and it ended up looking like I'd put waaaaay too many layers on. 

I have used this foundation for over 3 years now and it would take a lot for me to look elsewhere. I love how this foundation can be built up, I could put 3 layers on for a night out and it still wouldn't create a fake and over-done look. Sorry to the Mac lovers, but this is exactly what the Mac foundation did to me.

Both foundations are a really good price for a good quality foundation and with Boots handing out No7 vouchers almost every time you purchase anything, it is often that you don't pay full price for a bottle anyway. 

Now we know we haven't had a lot of experience in the foundation department, and we haven't tried a lot of the brands out there but it's important to not feel like you have to jump straight to the £29.99 ones. Make-up is totally individual, just because it works for your best friend does not mean it will be perfect for you. 



2 comments:

  1. I love the no7 foundations!! I had one ages ago, then floated off to The Body Shop for a while but recently purchased the 'Essentially Natural' foundation in Warm Ivory. I love it, I completely agree that it doesn't make you look fake, and the colour match is brilliant!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! They really are such good foundations and at such a good price who can complain?!

      Delete